Finance Manager - West of Scotland Housing Association
Full time - Permanent
£48,215 - £50,998 pa
Glasgow based (mix of home and office working)
West of Scotland Housing Association (WSHA) is one of Scotland’s oldest social landlords. We put customers at the heart of everything we do by listening to their views and caring about what matters to them.
What we can offer:
Our staff are at the heart of our business, and we support them to be their best which is demonstrated with 95% of staff saying WSHA is a good place to work. We provide a friendly, inclusive environment and with the flexibility of a hybrid model of working (mix of home and office). Staff also benefit with a generous holiday allowance of 40 days and the option to work flexibly. We know that to deliver outstanding customer service, we must ensure our staff are happy, healthy, and motivated and we put a strong focus on staff wellbeing which is reflected with our gold accreditation for Healthy Working Lives. All staff also have free access to a comprehensive Employee Support Service.
About the Role:
You will be accountable to our Director of Finance to manage key financial processes and controls in line with regulatory requirements, whilst at the same time ensuring the provision of a high quality and responsive finance service to all stakeholders and contributing to our overall financial wellbeing and its subsidiaries. You will be a member of our Leadership Team supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Have a membership of a recognised professional accountancy body
- Have significant experience at a manager/supervisor level within a complex organisation
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire teams to deliver an effective finance function.
- Have significant experience of working effectively with both internal and external auditors, and a proven track record of implementing improvement recommendations.
- Have significant experience in all budget activities ranging from preparing an annual budget to ensuring appropriate monitoring and analysis is carried out to enable the production of variance reporting.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, or religion or belief. We are particularly interested to hear from applicants with a disability, or from a black or minority ethnic background.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria will, where possible be granted an interview under the Disability Confident scheme
How to apply:
For further details please download an application pack. You can also request this via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0141 550 5600. For an informal chat about the role, please contact Donna Paton, Director of Finance on email@example.com or 0141 550 5600.
Completed applications must be returned by 12pm on Monday 25th October 2021
Provisional Interview dates are first stage 4th November 2021 and second stage 12th November 2021